Georgia Strong Families
The Georgia Strong Families Program is a Healthy Start Initiative focused on improving health outcomes before, during, and after pregnancy and encourage healthy birth outcomes for families here in Muscogee County. Georgia Strong Families provides moms, newborns and families with the resources, support and the help that they need to have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy birth. Georgia Strong Families offers home-visitation services and prenatal group sessions using the Parents as Teachers and Partners for a Healthy Baby Curriculum. We serve pregnant women, families & caregivers of children age birth up to 18 months in Muscogee County.
Georgia Strong Families services include:
• Care coordination, home visitation, group sessions, and outreach to help assure access to healthcare and other community resources.
• Support to families in reducing identified risk factors.
• Prenatal and Postnatal Screening and Intervention pathways.
• Preconception and Interconception Care.
• Fatherhood services.
• Additional Services may include childbirth education, parenting education, nutrition counseling, smoking cessation, psychosocial counseling, breastfeeding education, and other risk appropriate care.
This program is completely voluntary. There is no cost for this program and there are no income requirements.
LENA Start is a program for parents that uses regular feedback from LENA’s “talk pedometer” technology to help increase interactive talk in order to close the early talk gap, improve school readiness, and build stronger families. Over the course of 10 (or 13) weekly sessions, parents and caregivers learn about the importance of interactive talk along with ways to incorporate more conversation into their daily routines. The program combines the use of LENA technology to measure the home language environment with parent group meetings that teach simple techniques to improve the quantity and quality of adult-child talk.